One of the things I did while I was on “staycation” was clean out my clothes closet. It’s a good thing to do every once in a while for many reasons:
- It feels good to clean and purge. It gives you a sense of renewal.
- When you clean out your closet and donate your old items to a thrift store, you are helping the community.
- It can bring back fun memories.
- You can learn a lot about yourself by what you decide to keep or toss and WHY you want to keep or toss certain items.
- It might give your significant other more closet space that he/she may appreciate.
- It gives you an excuse to go out and buy some NEW clothes.
- You can earn some extra money by taking clothes to a consignment shop.
- It may take you out of a bad past and bring you into a bright future. (see #1)
So, if you have an extra hour or two this weekend go ahead and take a look inside your closet. Pull out what no longer fits or what you haven’t worn in over two years and be free from that clutter. I found a 20-year-old blue flannel shirt that I LOVED but doesn’t fit anymore. I cut the arms off and turned it into a nice cleaning rag. So, I still have the shirt but am now able to use it in a different way. That just feels good.