1. ENTRY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes begins Monday, September 17, 2018, and ends Friday, November 9, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Deadline to enter is 11:59PM on Thursday, November 8, 2018. Between Monday, September 17, 2018, and Friday, November 9, 2018, selected individuals and businesses in the metropolitan Madison area will receive telephone calls requesting their consent to be entered in the sweepstakes by agreeing to listen to Magic 98 during certain times. Individuals who consent will receive a postcard confirming their entry and their agreement to the Official Rules. Individuals may also enter online by clicking here. On-line entries are limited to one per unique valid email address, between Monday, September 17, 2018, and 11:59pm on Thursday, November 8, 2018. No mechanical reproduction of entry forms permitted. Contest may be ended at any time. Multiple entries will be discarded.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of the Madison, WI, listening area as defined by Arbitron, Inc. and who are age 18 or older. Employees of Magic 98, its affiliated radio stations and their respective affiliated and subsidiary companies, partners and members of the immediate families or households of such employees are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
3. WINNER SELECTION: During the Sweepstakes Period, random selections will be made from among all entrants to be announced on-air. Entries not selected will be retained for subsequent drawings. Winning names will be announced as closely to 7AM, 12PM and 4PM as possible. The person whose name is called will have fifteen (15) minutes to call 608-321-0098 to claim the prize. If the call is not made within that time, the prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded, and the person’s name will be retained for subsequent drawings. Entry/registration does not guarantee a prize. All prize claims are subject to verification of the claimant’s eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules.
4. TELL-A-FRIEND ENTRY: After entering via any method as set forth above, you will also be provided an ongoing opportunity to “Tell A Friend” to participate in Magic 98’s Win@Work. If you “Tell A Friend” through the “Tell A Friend” link on the web site, during the contest using the invitation email linked to your profile, and if that friend enters the Win@Work Giveaway and your friend’s name is randomly drawn from all eligible entries received and his/her name is announced at or about 7AM, 12PM and/or 4PM and your friend hears his/her name announced, he/she will have fifteen (15) minutes to call 608-321-0098 to win. If your friend whose name is announced calls within the fifteen (15) minutes, he/she will win and you will also automatically win a bonus check. If the listener whose name is announced during a specific time slot does not call in within fifteen (15) minutes, no prize will be awarded for that time slot, and you will not receive a bonus check for referring that friend. There is no limit to the number of friends you refer, and you can receive an unlimited amount of bonus checks for this contest.
5. ODDS: The following odds are based on an estimated number of entries; however, the actual odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of entries eligible for each drawing.
6. PRIZES: Each verified winner will receive $98.00. Maximum prize value is $1,000.00. Only one $98.00 prize per person. Prize will be awarded in the form of a check. During the Sweepstakes Period one winner will be randomly chosen to receive $1,000.00.
7. PRIZE AWARD: All prize claims are subject to verification of the claimant’s identification as the actual person named on the selected entry, eligibility, and compliance with these contest rules. Magic 98 will verify the actual intended winner by checking appropriate personal identification during the winner’s phone call (full name, address, phone number and birth date). After an authorized employee of Magic 98 declares the participant a winner, a check will be prepared within 30 days in the winner’s name. Check will be sent upon completion. Winners are responsible for all taxes on a prize and for any expenses not specified related to their participation in the sweepstakes and the acceptance and use of a prize. Magic 98 is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes; no substitutions will be provided in the event winner does not receive their prize.
8. GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree (a) to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges, the sponsor and it agents, which decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes; (b) if their name is selected as a winner, to the announcement on-air of their name and, if it is determined by sponsor to confirm their winning in-person, to having such confirmation taped, filmed and recorded for use on air or in any other media; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless Magic 98 and DMR, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages and injuries arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from their participation in the sweepstakes and the acceptance and use of a prize; and (d) that Magic 98 and DMR, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors and employees are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, malfunction, defect, or delay of any kind in telephone calls, radio transmissions, or on-line or internet submissions, or for the failure of Magic 98 to receive telephone calls for any reason, or for any computer or software malfunction of any kind affecting the proper execution of this sweepstakes, or for late, lost, illegible, or damaged mail or entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or terminate the sweepstakes in its entirety or partially should it become technically corrupted for any reason or because of non-authorized human intervention. Magic 98 is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
9. REMOVAL FROM LIST: An individual may request that the sponsor refrain from sending that individual any other sweepstakes or contest related mailings. To do so, they can contact the sponsor via phone at (608) 271-1000 or via mail at 730 Ray-o-Vac Dr., Madison, WI, 53711. An individual can also reverse the removal request by submitting a written request to receive such promotions to the above address.