3 cups zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup white onions, chopped
4 whole eggs, beaten
1/2 cup unbleached flour (Bob uses half wheat flour and half white)
2 cups whole milk (Bob uses skim)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup Reggiano Parmesan, grated
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, chopped
1. In a large mixing bowl whisk together: flour, salt, baking powder, Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
2. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, onions, milk, basil, tomatoes and the shredded zucchini.
3. Mix together the dry and wet ingredients, making sure not to overmix. Then rest the batter for 10 minutes as this cake will get dried out if it is mixed too much.
4. Fry a small amount and taste. Then you can adjust the seasoning with salt or pepper.
5. Plate and serve with homemade tomatoes or sauce.
Recipe created by Chef Keith Snow, adapted by Bob Bonner