Secret Listener Salute - Official Rules
1. ENTRY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes begins Monday, March 4, 2013, and ends with the 4pm salute on Tuesday, April 30th. (“Sweepstakes Period”). Deadline to enter is 11:59pm on Monday, April 29th, 2013. Between approximately 3/3/13 and 3/12/13 selected individuals and workplaces in the metropolitan Madison, WI, area will receive telephone calls requesting their consent to be entered in the sweepstakes by agreeing to listen to Magic 98 during certain times. Individuals who consent will receive a postcard confirming their entry and their agreement to the Official Rules. On-line entries are limited to one per unique valid email address. Multiple entries will be discarded.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of the Magic 98 listening area who are age 18 or older. Employees of Magic 98, its affiliated radio stations and their respective affiliated and subsidiary companies, partners and members of the immediate families or households of such employees are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
3. WINNER SELECTION: During the Sweepstakes Period random selections will be made from among all entrants to be announced on-air. Entries not selected will be retained for subsequent drawings. Winning names will be announced as closely to 7am, 12noon and 4pm as possible. The person whose name is called will have 15 minutes to call 608-321-0098 to claim the prize. If the call is not made within that time the prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded and the person’s name will be retained for subsequent drawings. Entry/registration does not guarantee a prize. All prize claims are subject to verification of the claimant’s eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules.
4. ODDS: The following odds are based on an estimated number of entries; however, the actual odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of entries eligible for each drawing.
5. PRIZES: Each verified winner will receive $98.00. Maximum prize value is $1,000.00. Only one $98.00 prize per person. Prize will be awarded in the form of a check. During the Sweepstakes Period one winner will be randomly chosen to receive $1,000.00.
6. PRIZE AWARD: All prize claims are subject to verification of the claimant's identification as the actual person named on the selected entry, eligibility, and compliance with these contest rules. Magic 98 will verify the actual intended winner by checking appropriate personal identification during the winner’s phone call (full name, address, phone number and birth date). After an authorized employee of Magic 98 declares the participant a winner, a check will be prepared within 30 days in the winner’s name. Check will be sent upon completion. Winners are responsible for all taxes on a prize and for any expenses not specified related to their participation in the sweepstakes and the acceptance and use of a prize. Magic 98 is not responsible for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes; no substitutions will be provided in the event winner does not receive their prize.
7. GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree (a) to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges, the sponsor and it agents, which decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes; (b) if their name is selected as a winner, to the announcement on-air of their name and, if it is determined by sponsor to confirm their winning in-person, to having such confirmation taped, filmed and recorded for use on air or in any other media; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless Magic 98 and dmr, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages and injuries arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from their participation in the sweepstakes and the acceptance and use of a prize; and (d) that Magic 98 and dmr, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors and employees are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, malfunction, defect or delay of any kind in telephone calls, radio transmissions or on-line or internet submissions or for the failure of Magic 98 to receive telephone calls for any reason or for any computer or software malfunction of any kind affecting the proper execution of this sweepstakes or for late, lost, illegible or damaged mail or entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or terminate the sweepstakes in its entirety or partially should it become technically corrupted for any reason or because of non-authorized human intervention. Magic 98 is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
8. REMOVAL FROM LIST: An individual may request that the sponsor refrain from sending that individual any other sweepstakes or contest related mailings. To do so, they can contact the sponsor via phone at (608) 441-3698 or via mail at 730 Rayovac Dr., Madison, WI, 53711. An individual can also reverse the removal request by submitting a written request to receive such promotions to the above address.