As I sit down to write this bio, so many thoughts run through my mind . . .
- Do I talk about my husband Joel and my son August (who drew the picture above)?
- Or that I work as a medical coder for a group of cardiologists in Madison full time?
- Or that I love to knit and crochet as I watch all my favorite movies (The Princess Bride, When Harry Met Sally, and Planes, Trains and Automobiles) and TV shows (Arrow, Bones, Poldark, and way too many others to mention)?
- Or maybe I should mention that I’m glad I bought my iPod when they still made the iPod Classic because my whole 10,000 songs-plus music library will fit on it?
- Or that I’m one of those people who will start singing any of those songs, or throw out a movie quote, at the drop of a hat?
No, I think that what I want to discuss is my name . . . Patti. I’ve always had a love/hate relationship with it. No…I’m not Patricia. Yes…it’s “Patti” with an I, not a Y, and certainly not an IE, my most hated spelling! I am not a Hamburger Pattie!
The one question everybody asks, once its mentioned that my brothers are Peter and Paul, “Why aren’t you named Mary?” My mom isn’t alive to ask . . .but I’m thinking it’s because “Mary” doesn’t start with the letter P.