20 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
1. I used to be a quite the equestrian in barrel racing.
2. The sight of blood or needles can make me faint. Literally.
3. I can eat a dozen super fire hot wings and barely break a sweat.
4. I can play piano, flute and guitar. (None of them well, anymore)
5. I can sing.
6. I can’t act.
7. When I was little I always wanted to be a veterinarian but….see #2.
8. When I retire I want to open an animal sanctuary.
9. My eyes were blue until I was six. Now they’re green.
10. I actually think spiders are pretty cool but they have the ability to paralyze me with fear.
11. I love snakes.
12. I’ve had seven different pet cats since the age of three.
13. I’ve never eaten a beet.
14. I have eaten chocolate covered ants. On a dare.
15. I studied abroad for a semester.
16. I don’t have a “favorite” color but I gravitate towards warm colors. Yellow, red, warm lavender.
17. My favorite flowers are lilacs.
18. I could live the rest of my life without chocolate. I don’t have a sweet tooth.
19. I adore cheese.
20. I want to live to be 100. I have a lot of stuff to do.
I am a self proclaimed germophobe with the stuff to prove it. I have an arsenal of surgical masks, surgical gloves, disinfectant wipes, spray, and hand sanitizer in my desk drawer. And since all kinds of illnesses
If you feel pressure to make some kind of resolution to lose weight, or save more money, or eat better in 2017 . . . stop! Pressuring yourself to better yourself just because it’s January 1 is
I came across an interesting post on Facebook last month. It was a Random Acts of Kindness Advent calendar. I loved the idea of it so much that I shared it on my own Facebook page and
Thanksgiving, for me, is almost just as wonderful as Christmas because I had a grandmother who was blessed with the ability to cook a meal that would make your eyes close with your first bite of anything
I’m sad that my annual fall vacation to Door County is over. It was one of the best visits I’ve ever had. I feel refreshed, relaxed and have made a lot of wonderful memories this year. Door
Growing up, I lived about seven minutes from the shores of Lake Michigan. We have a lighthouse in my hometown. It’s one of the prettiest in Michigan. (It's in the picture above.) My friends and I would
It’s something most everyone will go through in their lifetime: having to deal with aging parents. I have now entered that realm with my father, who has been dealing with cognitive issues for a few years now.
I’ve been bringing in cucumbers for my co-workers. LOTS of cucumbers. One plant will give you more than you can ever eat. And since my co-workers can only eat so many, I wanted to find different ways
Gardening isn’t for wimps. It’s hard work. Real hard. If you have a garden, this you already know. It needs constant care and attention which, after the end of a long workday, can sometimes seem exhausting. If
Recently a listener asked me if I had any new Truman stories to share. Since I haven’t blogged about him in a while I thought I’d give an update about what he’s been up to. Truman has