You might be running out of ideas to keep yourself and your kids entertained while you’re all at home, so the Magic 98 Virtual Fun Page is here to help! We’ll continue to update this page as more fun comes available.
There are beautiful places all over the world that are closed to the public, but offering virtual tours! Take a trip to a place you’ve always wanted to go with the links below…
Frank Lloyd Wright buildings
Live Cams from Henry Vilas Zoo in Madison
Overture Center Galleries
Yosemite National Park
Yellowstone National Park
The Sistine Chapel
Great Wall of China
The Van Gogh Museum
The Smithsonian Musem
The British Museum
The San Diego Zoo
JUST FOR KIDS
- Overture has teamed up with Monona Terrace to provide activities and context for their Lakeside Kids concert series, designed for children ages four and up. Lakeside Kids virtual programming occurs Wednesdays from 10-11 a.m. and features local performers, artists and organizations. Overture will supplement the programming with related activity guides, playlists, artist interviews and more. Registration is required in advance for this free Zoom webinar series. Click here for more info.
- While Monona Terrace is currently closed, take an audio tour of our remarkable facility to learn more about our famous architect, Frank Lloyd Wright and his “dream civic center.” You can also download kids and family activities that will teach you about the inspiration behind his design choices and the colors, patterns, and shapes that are quintessentially Frank Lloyd Wright. Click here for the tour and activities!
- PBS Kids helps you talk to your kids about COVID-19. Click here for more info.
- Get daily activities and tips to help your kids play and learn at home. Click here to sign up.
- MSCR is now offering free online classes! Click here for more information.
- MSCR has added Safer at Home Enrichment and Art projects to their website. They’ll continue to update it as more come available. Click here to connect with them!
- The Wisconsin Ag in the Classroom has directions on a number of “hands-on activities,” including making homemade butter and ice cream! Click here for the booklet.
- Dolly Parton is reading childrens books on her YouTube channel. Click here to watch the videos!
- Author, Mo Willems does Lunch Doodles every day teaching kids how to draw his books’ characters. Click here to connect with him!
- Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in ‘Frozen’ and ‘Frozen 2,’ reads a book to your kids every night. Click here for the stories!
- For a long list of other cool things, from comedy to cooking, click here!
- “Captain Underpants” writer/illustrator, Dav Pikkey, will host virtual drawing demonstrations, readings, and more. Click here for more info!
- Here’s a list of 100 fun things to do with your kids – most of them without a screen! Click here for the list.
FUN FOR ALL
- In the spirit of #HappyHeartHunt, The Sylvee wants to brighten their windows with the hearts of music lovers from across the country. Simply make a heart with whatever materials you have lying around your homes. Write your favorite concert memory on it and send it to the address below. The front windows of The Sylvee will be decorated with your memories for our neighbors in Madison, WI to read. Send hearts to: THE SYLVEE C/O HEARTS PROJECT 29 S. LIVINGSTON ST. MADISON, WI 53703
- The Aldo Leopold Nature Centure put together a list of ways to enjoy nature… anywhere! It includes building a bird feeder, creating nature bracelets, and a nature scavenger hunt. Click here for the info!
- MSCR has Safer at Home fitness classes for all levels – including 50+! Click here to enjoy the free classes.
- UW Madison is starting a new Facebook Live series, called Badger Talks, intended to help you cope, stay engaged and thrive during these challenging times. Tune in beginning April 9 to engage with UW– Madison faculty and staff experts on a variety of interesting, helpful and fun topics. All April presentations will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12 noon, followed by a Q&A. Click here to follow them on Facebook! Find more information on talks under “Events.”
- Every day at noon, enjoy “People Now” from People Magazine! Check-in with your favorite stars and seeing what they’re up to in quarantine by clicking here.
- NAMI has added eight weeks of Inspiration with their Speaker Series. Click here to register and find out more.
- The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has inductions, anniversary concerts, speeches, and performances from U2, Springsteen, Patti Smith, and more on their You Tube channel. Click here to watch!
- Live Nation brings some of your favorite artists right to your living room for a private concert with their Live From Home series! Click here for the daily lineup.