20 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
1. I used to be a quite the equestrian in barrel racing.
2. The sight of blood or needles can make me faint. Literally.
3. I can eat a dozen super fire hot wings and barely break a sweat.
4. I can play piano, flute and guitar. (None of them well, anymore)
5. I can sing.
6. I can’t act.
7. When I was little I always wanted to be a veterinarian but….see #2.
8. When I retire I want to open an animal sanctuary.
9. My eyes were blue until I was six. Now they’re green.
10. I actually think spiders are pretty cool but they have the ability to paralyze me with fear.
11. I love snakes.
12. I’ve had seven different pet cats since the age of three.
13. I’ve never eaten a beet.
14. I have eaten chocolate covered ants. On a dare.
15. I studied abroad for a semester.
16. I don’t have a “favorite” color but I gravitate towards warm colors. Yellow, red, warm lavender.
17. My favorite flowers are lilacs.
18. I could live the rest of my life without chocolate. I don’t have a sweet tooth.
19. I adore cheese.
20. I want to live to be 100. I have a lot of stuff to do.
If you are a dog owner and a dog lover, I think you know how lucky we are to live in communities that embrace our love for dogs. The dog parks in and around Madison are amazing.
I love vegetables. I was never that kid who was made to stay at the table until I ate all my lima beans or cauliflower. I always cleaned my plate and asked for seconds when it came
I wouldn’t call myself a dumpster diver. In fact, I’m not even really a trash picker in the honest sense of the term, since I don’t drive around purposefully looking for discarded items at the end of
Magic 98 had its first ever Women’s Wellness Retreat this past weekend. It was a chance to get away from the everyday hazards of life and take care of your inner well-being. I’ve been thinking a lot
Spring is about ready to unleash itself. I can just feel it. Even though we’re still having icky winter weather right now, I think the smell in the air is different. It’s fresher and cleaner. The birds
I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m kind of a girly girl. I like pretty, shiny things. I like things that smell luxurious, and I appreciate the soft textures and scents of lotions and soaps. There’s something
I decided to try an experiment by taking myself off social media for a week. I recently posted an angry rant on Facebook about not being serviced by a company when I wanted them to. I was
As I was pulling things out and dusting the kitchen this past weekend, a card fell out of an old handwritten recipe book of my grandmother’s. At the top it simply said “Cake.” It made me laugh
My mother is an exceptionally thoughtful person. She’s one of those who will remember you mentioning something you saw in a store window and admired, or wanted to buy. She keeps those little conversation pieces in the
(If you don’t like spiders, scroll carefully. There’s a picture of one at the bottom of this page.) I am a self-proclaimed arachnophobe. I have had an almost paralyzing fear of spiders since a very young age.