20 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
1. I used to be a quite the equestrian in barrel racing.
2. The sight of blood or needles can make me faint. Literally.
3. I can eat a dozen super fire hot wings and barely break a sweat.
4. I can play piano, flute and guitar. (None of them well, anymore)
5. I can sing.
6. I can’t act.
7. When I was little I always wanted to be a veterinarian but….see #2.
8. When I retire I want to open an animal sanctuary.
9. My eyes were blue until I was six. Now they’re green.
10. I actually think spiders are pretty cool but they have the ability to paralyze me with fear.
11. I love snakes.
12. I’ve had seven different pet cats since the age of three.
13. I’ve never eaten a beet.
14. I have eaten chocolate covered ants. On a dare.
15. I studied abroad for a semester.
16. I don’t have a “favorite” color but I gravitate towards warm colors. Yellow, red, warm lavender.
17. My favorite flowers are lilacs.
18. I could live the rest of my life without chocolate. I don’t have a sweet tooth.
19. I adore cheese.
20. I want to live to be 100. I have a lot of stuff to do.
Providence. It’s a word that doesn’t really get used that often anymore. Maybe people don’t believe in it. Maybe we’re all too busy to even recognize it when we see it. But today, providence hit me like
You’ve heard the news stories about how bad the blue green algae is this year and how sick it can make you and your pets if you get into water with those algae floating in it. That
Recently, I came across a photo that instantly moved me to tears. It was of someone’s Australian Cattle Dog with his legs propped up on a barrier overlooking the Grand Canyon. (To see it, click here.) You
Every month is a good month to drink wine, but with June comes the opportunity to break out a nice, crisp, refreshing bottle of chilled white, sit out on your deck with friends, and enjoy watching the
Flower season is here and I couldn’t be happier. The past few years I have started morning glories from seed. Some of last year’s are pictured here. This year’s seedlings look to be the best yet, and
Another new month brings another two new wines to sample and enjoy at Wine Wednesday at Bonefish Grill, next to West Towne Mall. I couldn’t be more excited about May’s wine offerings, because they both come from
Ever since I can remember, I have always loved animals. When I was three, my parents bought me a Persian kitten for my birthday. I named him Frosty. That cat would let me do whatever I wanted
Another Wine Wednesday is coming up at Bonefish Grill on Mineral Point next to West Towne Mall. It’s on April 5, and I’m super-excited about this one because we will be featuring a red blend that I
It’s that time of year when the birds start singing again, and migrating. Just this week I spied some canvasback ducks and ring-neck ducks making a stop-over on their way to Canada for the summer. Bird watching
You’ve been asking about it and now it’s back! I’m talking about Magic 98’s Wine Wednesday at Bonefish Grill. It’s an opportunity for you to enjoy a glass of premium wine for an excellent price. The whole